Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager at Double Up Digital is a natural at building strong relationships and solving problems. They can write, brainstorm, research, budget, and network and are strong communicators. They are multifaceted and curious, able to work collaboratively to solve problems for clients under a broad umbrella of topics.
They are the bridge between client service wins and operational success and navigate challenges with a cool head and coordinated response. Equal parts client services, strategy, creative, and production, they can go from pitching new business to helping a team onsite without missing a beat and they live for those days. They can see issues from every perspective and come up with creative, unexpected solutions that are wins for everyone involved.
A crucial part of the revenue-driving team at Double Up Digital as well as the operations team, the Business Development Manager works closely with the executive team on overseeing projects as the advocate for the client - understanding their business, their objectives and ensuring that the creative meets the brief and that the process is working for them. This is the person that can get to know a client’s industry, nuances, and priorities and apply them to the brief and explain it to the team. They will also be responsible for ownership of client relationships for the long term, growing and nurturing them throughout the year.
We are looking for a multifaceted candidate who likes to work on all kinds of experiential communications work - they will touch all areas of our business (website design, SEO management, strategy, creative, consulting) in a hands-on way, will be expected to understand and contribute substantially to each type of project by anticipating the client’s needs, and be their partner from the proposal to the debrief. This position will offer the opportunity to grow in a Business Development role offering a supportive environment to try new things and take on new challenges.
Who We Are
Our mission is to build better relationships through meaningful experiences. Double Up Digital designs bold, memorable websites and digital marketing campaigns backed by strategic insight, unmatched creativity, and superior production.
We use the power of experiential storytelling to partner with brands boldly seeking to change perceptions, actions, and beliefs. The world is changing quickly, and brands often have a hard time navigating these changes. That’s where Double Up Digital comes in. We challenge our partners to think unconventionally, and we turn crazy ideas into inspiring new realities. We don’t take no for an answer—we are persistent and resourceful in creating transformative experiences using a process rooted in strategy, creative, and production.
At Double Up Digital, our approach to creativity is collaborative. All ideas are welcome, curiosity is encouraged, and growth is a priority.
- Creating sales pipeline and prospecting customers
- Day to day oversight of multiple client projects simultaneously
- Evaluates creative and ensures that the team is driving toward the client need
- Ensure briefs, contracts, and invoicing are all done correctly and on time
- Provide redundancy and support to the project operations team as needed for a seamless client experience
- Lead internal projects that feed into business development and marketing initiatives
- Recommend process improvements and help put them into practice
- Ensure that Double Up Digital values are being considered in how our projects are scoped and operated
- Responsible for account retention and growth as well as happiness and exceeding client expectations
- Help to generate new business within current clients
- Lead new business pitches for new and existing clients
- Lead development of proposals and partnering with creative and project management to create content
- Maintain and grow relationships with clients in between projects throughout the year by building authentic relationships
- Positively represent Double Up Digital in the industry and in the community to develop new business deliberately and organically
What you must have
- 2-5 years of experience, some experience in a similar role
- Professional experience with marketing or advertising agency - must understand both agency life and how sales execution
- Working subject matter expertise in at least a few of the subject matter areas we work on regularly: Web Design, Web Development, SEO, Digital Marketing
- Excitement about taking on revenue accountability and responsibility
- A collaborative mindset and the willingness to jump in and help on whatever, whenever.
- A team player who believes in lifting others up to do their best work
- Outside the box thinking and the ability to craft creative solutions on the fly
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
What we think will help
- Time management and organizational skills, ability to manage both up and laterally gracefully
- A natural inclination for detail orientation both in understanding creative strategy and following process.
- High standards, never settling for the status quo
- Experience and demonstrated success in client relationship management with an emphasis on transparency and diplomacy
- Highly empathetic personality, high level of EQ - able to take an educational approach to client work
- Comfort with ambiguity, shifting priorities, and meeting deadlines